What is Pupillary Distance?
Pupillary distance (PD) measures the space between the pupils of your eyes. Knowing this measurement is important to make sure your eyes match up with the optical center of your lenses. The average adult’s PD is between 54-74; kids' are between 43-54.
How to Measure Your PD?
- Stand 8 in. away from a mirror.
- Hold a ruler against your brow.
- Close your right eye then align the ruler’s 0 mm with the center of your left pupil.
- Look straight then close your left eye and open your right eye.
- The mm line that lines up to the center of your right pupil is your PD.
Check out the graphic below for more information and to learn how your friend can help you measure your PD.
Armed with your PD and prescription, you can shop at Zenni to find your perfect pair of glasses.