Whether it’s treating yourself to an at-home eye mask or incorporating a few breaks into your daily schedule, everyone can up their level of self-care. Just a couple of minutes each day can have a huge effect on our bodies and minds.
Not sure where to start? Check out these 5 self-care tips that are easy to do at home and will have a big impact on your day.
- End your shower with a cold shot. Icy temps are believed to help release endorphins and amp up our energy levels. Thirty seconds of cold water at the end of your shower will leave you with a burst of energy to take you into the day.
- Refill your water bottle every hour. Not staying hydrated can lead to dizziness, confusion, and low blood pressure. The simple habit of refilling your water bottle every hour is an easy way to make sure that you’re drinking enough water each day.
- Give your eyes a break. Soothe tense eyes by placing a warm compress over them for 10 minutes when they start to feel tense or tired. It’s also a good practice to wear blocker lenses, like Zenni Blokz, to help protect your eyes from harmful blue light emitted from your digital screens.
4. Indulge in spa time. All you need is 5 minutes and a few things from your kitchen to refresh your skin at home. Here are two of our favorite recipes:
- Moisture-Packed Mask
Squeeze the juice from one lemon into a bowl, mix in 1 tbsp of organic honey, and apply to your damp face. Massage for several minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Instant Eye Refresher
Put two thick raw potato slices over your eyes for 10 minutes. The potato’s potassium and vitamin c will work to help zap under-eye circles.
5. Get crafty. Certain studies have shown that being creative can leave you feeling more enthusiastic and happier. Combine your artistic side with your need for organization by finding unique ways to display your jewelry or eyewear using materials from around the house.
Do you have a favorite self care tip? Share it in the comments!