This just in… readers don’t have to be boring anymore! That’s right, you can ditch your drug store and department store reading glasses for a pair of custom, high-quality reading glasses. The best part is that you don’t need to have a prescription. All you need to do is use this chart to find your preferred magnification strength and pick out your favorite frames.
With more than 1700 styles to choose from (and optical grade reader prices starting at $11.90), ordering reading glasses from Zenni is both good for your wallet and your eyes. Read on to learn more.
Zenni Readers Vs Others
Zenni’s non-prescription reading glasses are made with a higher-quality lens than what you find in drug stores and department stores. Each pair of our non-prescription reading glasses includes optical grade lenses with scratch resistant coating, UV protection, and anti-reflective coating, which your average OTC readers don’t have.
So, is there really a difference between having special coatings on your lenses or not if you’re just wearing them to read? Simply put, yes.
- Anti-reflective coating: Not only does anti-reflective coating make your glasses easier to clean by preventing oil, water, and dirt from sticking to the lenses, it decreases the amount of light that reflects off the lens. This reduces eyestrain and improves vision, particularly in artificial light.
- Scratch-resistant coating: You can extend the life of your lenses by protecting them from scratches. The coating also makes the lens harder, which can be helpful if your glasses get dropped on the floor. (It’s important to remember that these coatings only resist scratching, and don’t totally prevent it from occurring.)
- UV Protection: Overexposure to ultraviolet light is thought to contribute to the development of certain eye conditions, such as cataracts, macular degeneration and eye surface damage.
Customize Your Readers
You can also customize your non-prescription readers with special add-ons that you won’t find other places, including:
- Blokz blue light blocking lenses to protect your eyes while you watch and scroll on your devices.
- Photochromic lenses for readers that darken automatically in bright sunlight for outdoor use.
- High index 1.61 lenses for thinner and lighter reading glasses.
- Clip-ons and engraving to personalize your frames.
If you’re looking for additional options for your readers, give us a call and one of our stylists will work with you one-on-one to guide you through frame selection, lens options, and other add-ons.
Start shopping for your new readers today.